Monday, February 22, 2010

6 months and counting...

I can't believe my little man is already 6 months old.  It is crazy how it seems like he has been around forever, but seems like yesterday he was born.  Better yet, Max is still alive after 6 months.  I must be doing ok.  I don't want him to grow up.  I want him to stay the same as he is right now.  He is going to start crawling here in the next month or two and I don't know if I like that.  I like that he sits and stays right where I put him.  


I'm also freaking out because I realize that in 6 months I will have another little person to take care of and I will be repeating the process from hell all over again.  I have forgotten all about the sleepless nights and the sore boobs.  I keep telling Jim, what were we thinking?  I need more time!!!  He just laughs, but he is not the one who has to walk weird for 4 weeks because you are so sore plus breastfeed, change diapers (he wont change poopy diapers), comfort them when they cry 23 hours out of the day, take care of Max too, change his diapers, feed him because he wont be able to feed himself yet, try to understand what Max is saying cause he wont be talking yet.  So I'm sure it's real funny for Jim.  Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited for another little munchkin to be part of our family, I'm just scared I might have a mental breakdown.  I'm sort of kidding but not really.  I know many other people have done this.  Ex:  My mom, my mother in-law and lot's and lot's of other people.  So I'm sure I'll make it out alive.  I just keep thinking how much fun they'll have when they are so close in age.  So here's to 3 months down, 6 to go !!!  I haven't taken Max to his 6 month Dr Appt yet, so I don't have his stats.  But I'm sure he's about 100 lbs.
Max playing outside while I was watering the flowers



Max pretending he was going to crawl when in reality I put him in this stance.  He only stayed for about 5 seconds.  Long enough for me to snap a photo.  He is no where near crawling. haha

8 comments:

Linz said...

HA HA HA! Your post is so funny yet totally real! The bonus is Sha, you have done it before and trust me when I say it is sooo much better the second time around! I thought I would never have babies again after Owen (truthfully he was a really good baby but I didn't know that!) Second time round is a cake walk!

Candice and Steve said...

Those pictures of Max are so dang cute I can't stand it!!! The new top picture is the most amazing picture of him. I want to kiss him right now!

Tiffany said...

On your v-day post you said you were sick and I thought maybe you were pregnant but wow already 3 months down, that's great! I'm sure it will be hard but it will be so fun for them, congrats!

Brenden+Nikki said...

You're totally an expert now - I'm sure it only gets easier from here. (Plus they always say each baby is so different. Maybe the second one will LOVE sleep and will just automatically fall into a wonderful sleep routine right off the bat). And you're exactly right...it's going to be so much fun for Max and baby Barainca #2 to grow up so close together in age. They'll be so close!

He is so cute, seriously his face is like a little man. He has the best facial expressions. Maybe he'll just skip crawling altogether and just get up and start walking! It's definitely happened before!

Bonnie and Kirk said...

I hope you can come to NY when you're big pregnant...its 5 months away...and the baby is 6 months...Oh yeah...tell Jim that real men change poopy diapers, only punk beeyatches refuse to wipe the pipe.

Calli O. said...

We're not all as lucky as you people that can get pregnant in a snap. Whatever! But thank you for finally putting pictures that really show how dang cute Max is. Okay, haven't seen him today yet so it may be time now. Also excellent song choice :)

Bobbi said...

You will be perfect. For reals!

Melinda said...

Wow! They will be close but will be such good friends! And hey if you are already changing one diaper why not two right! You will be a great mother of 2! The other day I called our cat fatty cuz it is getting huge! And I thought of you! Well...that dosn't sound right but hopefully you know what I mean....(your old cat) Anyway I am rambling and dying for adult conversation right about now...HaHa