Monday, August 23, 2010

Max is ONE

Max turned 1 on August 18th.  I can't believe that it has been one whole year since he was born.  He is such a big boy now and it makes me so sad.  He walks with ease and is starting to run.  He can feed himself with a fork, he can play ball and he can give things to Daddy when I tell him to.  He's really good at throwing fits too.  He has learned that he has a temper and likes to exercise it.  I'm not a big fan of his temper at all.

As I just sit back and look at him, I am such a proud Mommy.  Of course I think he is the cutest kid in the world.  The nursery leader invites him in on Sundays to sit with the other kids.  He does so good.  He sits in his little chair and plays with the play dough and eats his snacks.  Once lesson time starts we leave because he doesn't know how to sit still and listen.  Plus, I have to go teach my lesson in Young Women's. He loves to play with other kids and gets so excited when other kids come over to the house.  It's amazing the things they learn and the things they just do on their own.  I've gone through 2 phones in the past month.  Once was launched into the toilet by Max and the other was washed with his laundry.  I guess I need to check the hamper better before doing a load of Max's clothes.

Max loves to put on his shoes.   I think because he knows he gets to go outside.  When the front or back door opens, he runs and tries to escape.  Once I close the door his temper gets the best of him and flings himself onto the floor and starts pouting.  I just walk away since I don't have the patience to deal with it.  Just another sign he is getting to be such a big boy. ha ha

I'm a little nervous on how Max is going to react once Molly gets here.  He loves little babies and just likes to stare at them and touch their hands.  I wonder if he will become a nightmare so he can get attention or if he will love her and be the good little boy I know he can be.


A cake I made that didn't turn out.  I tried to make another mold to put on top, but the cake didn't want to come out of the mold.  So he ended up with a boring square cake.  Sorry Max :(


Grandma Huffaker made little bear cupcakes.


Max looked so handsome at church on Sunday.  Especially with the cheeto's residue on his new white shirt.

It finally rained at our house and Max got to go play outside.  He was having so much fun letting the water drip into his mouth.  He was so sad when he had to go inside.

Jim's work gave us Diamondback tickets.  I was dreading going, but it turned out to be ok.  Max had a lot of fun waiting for the crowd to applaud.  He was a little late, but he joined in.  I did enjoy a slurpee and some sugar roasted almonds.

3 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX!!! He seriously does look like such a big boy in all these pictures! I can't believe it's been a year Shalene! :). And now you're going to do it all over again in a matter of days (because it will be a matter of days and not weeks. ha ha - I'm still sticking with that). Are you feeling well? Can I come by sometime and drop something off for Max? Just let me know.

Tyson and Stefanie Hyer said...

Awe! Happy birthday to Max! He is so cute! And getting to be such a big kid, doing stuff on his own! You guys are such great parents!

Suzette's Life said...

What a big boy!! He is too cute. Congrats you two!