Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Molly Mae Barainca is here!

She finally decided to come.  Molly was born Saturday, September 4, 2010 at 4:30 pm.  She weighed 8 lbs 6 oz and was 21.5 in long.  She came fast which I will thank her every day for.  I wandered into the hospital unwillingly around 11:30 am.  They started my IV and I waited.  They broke my water around 4:25 pm and Molly popped out at 4:30 pm.  It was such a relief pain wise to have her out but the fact that she was healthy and beautiful was all I could ask for.  I was completely shocked to see her BLACK hair and had to re-evaluate what my image of Molly would be.  I imagined her to look like Max but a girl.  She does look like Max, but she has jet black hair.  She looks just like her Daddy. (and nothing like me :( ). haha.  She has been the best baby so far.  She eats and sleeps and poops and sleeps some more.  My soreness is almost nothing considering how fast she was born.  I  feel like a million bucks besides looking like I'm still 6 months pregnant. haha


Jim is the greatest Dad and loves his little girl. He helps me with Max since he wants to crawl all over me all the time. Max loves his little sister and thinks she is so cute. He is "nice and soft " to her so far. But we shall see what happens in the time to come. He likes to throw things in her bassinet and luckily she hasn't been in there at those times. I need to somehow teach him, but teaching a ONE year old anything is really difficult. We are all sane and all doing good which is a lot to say from when Max was born. However, it's only been 3 days so it could get a lot worse. She just might be too cute to give Mommy a mental breakdown. Probably not, but I am hoping for the best.

                                    

12 comments:

Suzette's Life said...

So glad to hear that she came fast...congrats!! She is beautiful!

Brenden+Nikki said...

Wow that is probably the longest baby I've ever heard of! ;) glad everything went fast and well for ya! That still wasn't enough detail for me, but I'll be patient. I'm sure we'll be talking sometime! ;)

Tyson and Stefanie Hyer said...

Awe! She is adorable! Congrats you guys!

The Garlock's said...

Congrats congrats! Glad everything went good!

lori.huffaker said...

So happy for you, she is beautiful!! What a great addition to the real Huffakers!! We are so glad for you guys!!

Candace said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations!

Tracy said...

Yay congratulations! She is a doll!

Deb said...

Shalene, she's adorable!! So is Max. You have two cutie pies!! Glad everything went well!

Linz said...

She is so cute Shalene!!!! I can't get over her black hair either!!! DARLING! Can't wait to see her in the flesh.....photo op in November?! Hope you are healing and feeling well and getting some kind of sleep to avoid the breakdown! ;)

Bobbi said...

That hair is meant for BOWS! You have a cute lil family!

Bonnie and Kirk said...

We're so excited for you and are so happy that you and Molly are safe. She is so cute. Love the hair!

Matt and Brianna said...

Ok, first of all, CONGRATS!! She is gorgeous!!! She totally looks like Max, just with dark hair!! Sooo glad for you that it went so smoothly!! love, love, love the name Molly!! Max and Molly, SO CUTE!!! Congrats, Mama!! Oh, and Jim too of course :)

P.S. both my boys have that guitar shirt!! ;)