Monday, February 7, 2011

The Shalene sleep Theory

So as I mentioned, there are a bunch of "sleep" theories out there.  None of them worked for us.  Well, it's only been a little over a week, but I think we've got it all figured out.  The problem with Max's sleep was his own bed.  I truly believe it was his crib.  He would scream and scream and be so pissed off.  He's had his big boy bed now for about 10 days and his sleeping habits have drastically changed.  He no longer screams and no longer wakes up in the middle of the night screaming.  He doesn't fight me (most of the time) to go to bed.  We walk into his room together and he gets up on his bed and lays down.  There are times when I have to repeat myself over and over again, but he ends up putting himself to sleep.

Today around 11:30am I asked him to go in his room and lay down to take a nap.  He shook his head "no".  I asked him again, and he slowly walked himself into his room and laid down on his bed.  I shut the door and I could hear him whine a little.  About 15 seconds later I hear the door open.  He peeks his head out.  I tell him again to go lay down and he runs to his bed and lays down.  This happens one more time and it all ends with him  doing it all by himself and sleeping for 2 hours.  I am so proud of my little bear.  I mean it's not perfect and there are times I still want to punch myself in the face, but our theory worked.  We didn't have to have him cry it out.  We didn't have to learn any new techniques.  We changed the bed and let him know that we are here and did not abandon him at night.  He's a little guy, he just wants to know that we are going to be here when he wakes up in the night.  He was just teaching us patience.  And still is teaching us every day.
My handsome big boy...
So I don't know about you, but we EAT for fun.  This is about the only thing that our weekends consist of.  So yes, we went to the Lob (Red Lobster) on Friday and Chevy's on Saturday.  I have no idea why I was taking picture's.  Probably because this is what we do for fun.  Maybe we should start thinking of better ideas.





Yes, she finally can open her mouth and eat.  As you can see not very well, but we are working on it.

1 comment:

Tyson and Stefanie Hyer said...

You have given me some hope! Bryce has suddenly decided (starting at about the week before Preston came) to whine alot and to not want to sleep and to wake up in the middle of the night not wanting to sleep! Perfect timing for me to become a mother of 2!