Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Update to the last post....

Last night:

Stayed in Max's room right by his bed. 9:00pm.
He eventually cried, cried some more, then laid himself down, tossed around and fell asleep.

Total time to get my child to bed:  30 minutes

Today's nap:

Put him down in his bed with his blanket and told him it was time for sleepies.  shut the door
Played with his toys, banged on the door, played with the blinds, banged on the door.  Laid himself down in his bed. (I know because I was peeking under the door ).....don't worry, I know I'm totally crazy!
Is now asleep

Total time to get my child to bed:  30 minutes

I can handle 30 minutes.  Hopefully he is understanding what is happening and the time can get shorter.

3 comments:

Bonnie and Kirk said...

Love the picture...sums everything up perfectly...

Brenden+Nikki said...

See! He'll get it! Go Max! And go Mama! (ha ha I totally sneak peeks through the door all the time. That's not crazy. It's totally normal!)

Tyson and Stefanie Hyer said...

Bryce was pretty good at going to bed and he is now having a hard time. I think it just goes back and forth sometimes. Keep up the great mommy work, pretty soon he will be going to bed on his own =)