Monday, April 18, 2011

They grow up too fast.

Jim and I were playing with Molly last night and we both starting thinking about how fast our kids are growing up.  People tell you that all the time when you first have a baby.  When they would say this, I would always think, "oh please grow up!"  Well, it is true.  There is a part of me that wants Max to be able to talk to me and tell me what he wants and go to the bathroom in the potty.  The other part wants him to go back to about 8 months old.  Molly is almost 8 months old and I want time to stop.  She's getting ready to crawl, she can clap her hands when we say "yay" and she moves her arms out when I un-buckle her car seat strap.  This is when you know they are getting older.  Yes, it's absolutely adorable and I love every second of it but I just want to cry.  I just made myself cry right now.  My visiting teacher came over today and was talking about how scared to death she is for her oldest to be in his "teens".  She doesn't know if she's ready for it.  This makes me think to myself....Is there any time in these kids life that doesn't scare the total crap out of us?  I feel like newborns put me into a borderline panic attack.  Then once they start crawling, walking, eating real food...then people tell me about the terrible two's??  WHAT THE CRAP!!

Anyway...Right now I would like time to slow down.  My kids are acting pretty good for me as they are.  Well, with the exception of Max going to nursery.  He's the one I think has a panic attack.  He screams and cries the entire time.  I feel so bad for the nursery people.  I really do......

Oh, and by the way, sorry to blog about my kids.  I know everyone always does and I'm sure it's really annoying.  Too bad.

These are pictures of them at the same age.  Too funny!

Molly eating a fudge pop

Max too.

Playing after bath time

 BATHTIME!!! (Max was covering up his privates)

Max sliding down the slide at the park all by himself

 She's officially starting to sleep on her side and tummy which is an obvious sign she's getting older :(

  Max eating lunch on the couch.

 Molly learning how to clap her hands. 


1 comment:

Brenden+Nikki said...

Don't EVER apologize for blogging about the kids. I love reading about them and how they're growing and developing and your thoughts on mommyhood. Whenever I try to think of something more interesting to blog about besides my kids I realize they are the most important thing in my life. I am completely fascinated with what they do and discover. And especially the older they get, it's fun to watch their personalities emerge more and more. It's the same with your kiddos too. Plus I kinda feel like Max is my other son since we were belly buddies and all so since he and Collin developed together I feel attached to him and like to read about him. And I could stare at Molly's thighs all day. That sounds creepo, but you know what I mean. I have children with stick legs so I love Molly's baby rolls. Ok well I just told you that your son is my son and I love Molly's thighs so now that I've completely freaked you out I think I'll stop talking and end on that note. Haha