Sunday, May 15, 2011

Countdown is 4 days.

Yes, the countdown to the D.R. is 4 days.  We are really excited.  I am a bit apprehensive.  I start panicking  when I think about leaving my kids.  I thought this would be a good idea, but I really hope I can enjoy myself.  I know I will be thinking about the whole time.  I leave them with a babysitter for 3 hours and I am thinking about them the entire time.  I just have to keep telling myself that they wont remember this time in their life when they were sad and missed their parents.

Anyway, Brock graduated from ASU this past week and we were able to go to the graduation.  We celebrated the next couple days with fun.  I was telling my Mom at graduation that  9 out of the 6 kids and spouses have graduation college. That is impressive.  She leaned over and said to me, "Shalene you will graduate one day".  I nodded and said, "no I won't". haha  I mean I guess if I have to in order to make a living, but the thought of ever going back to school makes me sick.  I hated it since the 3rd grade and it hated me.

We were house hunting all last week because we decided that we had a good chunk of a down payment to buy a new house.  It was so exciting.  I was having so much fun.  Well, then I met with my brother who is a loan officer and in order to get my payment to what I wanted, I would need an additional $20,000.  So yes, are dreams of buying another house have been shut down.  We have to wait a little longer and save like crazy.  Which is absolutely no fun!!!  So until then, we will stay put and put a little more effort in making our current home better.

D.R. 2009--WE WILL SEE YOU SOON!!

Brock's graduation from ASU
 Molly loves the pool and loves to float.
 Adelaide's first time in the pool
 Spinato's.
 Party in the backyard for Brock's graduation. BBQing


3 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

ha ha you make me laugh. You're right, the kids probably won't remember but even if they did, it's good for them. They will learn that they have other caretakers in their life who love them.

Oh who am I kidding... We have only left Collin with babysitters once in his entire life and he's almost 2 years old. ha ha. Needless to say I have a hard time leaving the kids too.

Still waiting for that text message my friend :).

Bonnie and Kirk said...

Congratulations to Brock...super cool. Looks like the parties afterward were awesome too. Hope you guys have a blast in the DR...funny how seeing my family all together just makes me depressed. Just when I think that everything in New York is totally awesome...I remember that my family is far away...

Tiffany said...

Were trying to plan a vaca too and I think the same thing about leaving two kids!! Hope you have fun, can't wait to see pics!