Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dominican Republic 2011

It's hard to even write to tell how much fun we had.  I am so thankful for my in-laws for letting us take this vacation.  If it wasn't for them we would have not had this experience.  It's definitely so much more fun NOT being pregnant.  I cried about once a day because I missed my kids so much.  We were pretty busy most of the day so I was able to keep my mind off of them.  I knew they were being taken care of so I wasn't nervous anymore.  We looked forward to our itinerary every day that the hotel staff left us the night before during "turn down".  We usually started our day with an excursion of some sort, ate, ate lunch, ate, did step aerobics, swam in the pool, ate, drank Coca Cola Light or a rum free Pina Colada, showered, ate some more and then danced.  We had long, super fun days.  All of the Event staff  wanted to dance with Calli.  They called her "blondie".  They were super funny and flirted with anyone and everyone.  They definitely made our vacation more fun.  We did ziplining, surfing and Parasailing.   We also rode the banana boat which was totally awesome.  Spent a lot of time eating nachos and cheese fries from the beach shack that was about 20 feet from where we layed on the beach.  Oh, and the chocolate covered macaroons were to die for.  AND the soft serve cones all day long.  Calli and I got a little too much sun while surfing but healed without too much pain.  The day before we left my Dad thought it would be really cool to get FRIED.  He stayed in the sun 40 minutes without sunscreen and got extremely crispy.  His ride home was not pleasant cause I'm sure he was in a lot of pain.  All in all, we had a blast and hope that in 2013 we can drag more people with us wherever we decide to go.  Sorry about the scandalous outfits you may see....It was so hot and humid and I don't think we ever took our swimsuits off.















Going home.  It was a mixed feeling for me.  I wanted to stay but really, really wanted to see my kids.




4 comments:

Bonnie and Kirk said...

super jealous...super jealous...super jealous...super jealous...you know what I am??? Super jealous...

lori.huffaker said...

Count us in in 2013. We are HUffakers too you know, and Darin and I will be empty nesters!!

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

What a fun vacation!! I'm super jealous. When we have time or money I need to get all the details of going there cause it looks so fun!!