Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The real world.

I am kind of sick of hearing about how happy people are and how great they are at life.  I think people just have to brag about themselves and their life to make themselves feel better.  I mean, don't get me wrong, if that makes you feel good about yourself, keep it up.  I just get exhausted listening to it and reading about it via the web.

I didn't graduate from college, I don't have a totally awesome job,  I'm not really good at anything, I don't have many or any hobbies, I don't like scrap booking or having tupperware parties, I am not a photographer and yes, I am 32 years old this September.

But isn't having a home to live in with my super awesome husband and 2 kids, trying to do what is right enough?  Why must people feel like they need all this "credit" for their life to be good?  I feel accomplished just knowing my kids are alive and safe, there is money in the bank and we have a place to all home.  I might hate my job and hate going to work 3 days a week, but my life is simple.  I might be bored 22 hours out of the day, but my life is simple.  I might complain to Jim 21 hours out of the day, but my life is simple.  I might dream of having other people's hobbies, but let's be honest, I won't actually do any of them.  I guess I'll just stick with my soda.  This is my one and only hobby and I'm really good at drinking it.  I mean, who doesn't love to go to Circle K and walk out with an ice cold 44oz drink?

Simple = good.




5 comments:

Tyson and Stefanie Hyer said...

I love the simple! I have been stressed ALL my life... even as a little girl! I only recently discovered that I did it to myself! I added all this pressure to my life that didn't need to be there... feeling like I always had to be doing lots and lots of hobbies! I still feel bad sometimes for not doing more! But I am getting much better at just enjoying life and my boys! And trying to simplify my home and what's in it! It really does make life happier! It IS really hard to do hobbies with 2 kids to take care of! And it is a struggle to me EVERYDAY bcuz of other things I would like to do. Don't feel pressure to do more than love them and have fun with them right now! Haha - I do find myself bored sometimes too... but I am getting a bit better at that too, by just trying to just play with my kids and enjoy them. And do stuff with them! Keep up the great work as a mommy and wife! =)

Steven Palmer said...

Thanks for the post! I am glad that I am not the only one that feels this way. I tell Steven all the time I have no hobbies and my life is kind of boring. Like you though, I feel good my kids are healthy and happy and Steven and I like each other! :) By the way it was good seeing you guys at the pool. Jake sure enjoys Max. We are really excited to start having them come over again!

Bonnie and Kirk said...

Dude...you are crazy...

Calli O. said...

You look like cagmire in the picture with Max hahahah

Brenden+Nikki said...

Ha ha this post made me laugh:

1. I deleted all the blogs on my blogroll that made me feel bad about myself and what my life "lacks". That has helped.

2. I do have a hobby (sewing) but only because we don't have a tv so there's nothin else to do. Believe me...sometimes I would much rather be watching "Dawg the Bounty Hunter." I love that show.

3. Being a mom is the most important thing and looking back over a day's activities I always realize that's what brought me the most happiness throughout the day - way more than sewing or anything else. You are one of the coolest moms I know. And I can see that reflected in the way your children love you.

4. I love that you're venting and letting out this genuine frustration and out of all the comments your family is making fun of you. Ha ha cracks me up.