Sunday, September 4, 2011

Oh so CALIFORNIA...

Well, we had in mind what it would be like to take 2 kids ages 2 and under to Disneyland and we were some what right.  As much fun as we did have, it's just not worth it.  I think kids have to be at least 7 yrs old to not only have them enjoy Disneyland but for the parents to enjoy taking them to Disneyland.  Max was scared of everything.  He was scared of the life size Disney characters and scared of all the rides.  Little Mermaid ride...yep, scared.  The Bug's life train that moves about a mile an hour....yep, scared.  He hated being in his stroller and he hated his monkey leash.  I thought just maybe he would think seeing life size Buzz Light year would be awesome. I was wrong.

The next day we went Huntington beach.  We met up with Kyle and his family.  It was tons of fun, but it was too cold and too windy.  I don't know why I even wore my swim suit because there was no way I was getting in the water.  After about 4 hours of that wind, we were sick of it and left.  So we had an early start on our trek home to Arizona.  48 hours of California was plenty for us.  Molly is a "sleep in her own crib" baby so any other place is not suitable for her.  Max was so tired he crawled up on the our hotel bed and was out for the night.  I didn't hear one peep out  of him.  Jim and I haven't slept that close in a long time.  I like my distance when I sleep.  Just the 3 of us on a queen bed doesn't give a good nights sleep.  Last night's sleep was the best ever.  Not sleeping with kids and not hearing them cry.

I had the kids by myself for about an hour and a half.  I let Jim go with Calli and Michael and ride some adult rides.  My shirt was drenched I was sweating so bad.  Lots of chasing and telling Max it wasn't scary.


























2 comments:

Candice and Steve said...

Shalene, you are so good at getting pictures and updates on your blog! The pictures are terrific and tell the whole story.......hee hee..

Bonnie and Kirk said...

Kindel was terrified at Disney World and she was 4. The scariest was the Snow White ride-- spooky forest and cackling witch were just too much. She is still scared of things... the tooth fairy and the easter bunny's cover is blown because she was way to scared of the thought of someone coming into her room at night...