Wednesday, October 26, 2011

It's getting that time of year again.  The time where it skips fall completely and heads right into Arizona winter.  I love when it hits Halloween time cause I know Christmas is right around the corner.  But really though, who doesn't love to dress up all scary for Halloween?  I think that may be one of my favorite things to do.  Dress up, that is.  We have already started our Halloween celebration by attending the Riverview ward's Sadie Hawkins dance.  Their theme was "Halloween".  We dropped the kids off in the nursery room and had 2 hours of eating, dancing and photo taking.  It was fun and a good cause supporting my nephew's scouting troop.  The kids have their costumes ready and can't wait to put them on.  Jim and I are still undecided as always.  We wait till the day before to figure something out.  Hopefully we'll find something uber spooky.

Jim made this little picnic table for the kids.  It is really cute, he did a good job.  The kids love it.


One of my Young Women brought over a little kitty for the kids to play with.  Max was so gentle and cute with it.  It was so funny to watch.


Molly was indifferent.  I think she likes the big kitties better.  As you can see Max in the background is very interested in what the cat is doing.


Our totally awesome "Goth" costumes.  Very appropriate for a church related function.


Kim and Eric were 1940 swinger Zombies.  Not swingers as in they get around, but actual swing dancing.


Addicted. 

Jim played bass for one of Calli's acoustic show's @ Fuse.


The perfect Fall mix.  1 candy corn, 2 peanuts and a M&M in one bite.  The perfect bite.


3 comments:

Tyson and Stefanie Hyer said...

sooo fun! LOVE the picnic table!! I would love the info on how to make it!!!!????

Brenden+Nikki said...

When can Jim come over and make one for our kids too? ;)

Were did baby Molly go? I don't recognize that little toddler girl :). She's beautiful. And Max is cute as always. He and Collin need to play so they can be like "hey dude how has the last 18 MONTHS been treating you since that was the last time I saw you?"

18 months Shalene. That's a crime.

But I did get your phone call and need to call you back :).

Deb said...

Those costumes are awesome! Halloween is the best :)