Monday, November 14, 2011

the new homemaker.

Jim and I have been thinking a lot lately about me working and wether I should continue to work every day or quit and stay at home with my babies.  It's been a 2 year process and it's finally come to an end.  8 years with Bank of America (4 with Countrywide) has finally come to and end.  I put in my notice last Monday and will officially be unemployed by the end of the year.  I'm sure many people think I'm crazy because I have a really good job and many people would kill for a really good job right now.  It's hard to quit this job when you know that you will never find a job like this in my lifetime.  I didn't go to college to become something that would pay me lots of money.  (I regret that now) However, I went to college to realize working suits me better.  Then once I had kids I realized that me staying at home with them suits me better.  Financially I couldn't make that happen so I kept working.  I guess Jim and I just don't care anymore and realize everything will work itself out.  But it's done and in 6 weeks I will finally be able to wake up to my kids and put them to bed everyday.  I'll be able to put them down for their naps and feed them lunch.  Things I never was able to do because I had to go to work everyday.  I'm grateful for my job because it allowed me to buy this house that we sleep in every night.  I'm grateful for my job because it allowed us to save for things we will need down the road.  So, something that I hate so much I truly am grateful for.  So ask me in a year if I am still ok with the decision that we made.  The answer might be different. hahahaha



My little babies sharing a bassinet.  


I keep telling them they can't play with the fire pit.  I'm not sure of the attraction.  A spaceship? haha


Max trying to seed our hallway.  I don't know why but he loves to push things around. 


5 comments:

Bonnie and Kirk said...

I'm excited for you Shalene. It has to be hard to leave. Yay for the homemaker!!

lori.huffaker said...

Thats awesome Shalene. Things really will work out!!

Tiffany + Drew said...

How fun!I feel ya on missing out doing the little things with them, and now you can! Glad that you will be able to stay home!

Dee said...

I like your blog... great pictures, too. You have a beautiful family. Happy Thanksgiving.

Brenden+Nikki said...

Yay! I am so proud of you for having FAITH that it will work out. And it will. Always. Maybe not always in the way you think, but it ALWAYS works out. I'm excited for you! :)