Monday, October 28, 2013

A few more days till Halloween

Lets see if I can recap the last 2 months.

The most important event is my pregnancy sickness is gone.  I still get a whiff of it every now and then but for the most part I can now function like a normal human being.  I am getting HUGE and when I say HUGE I really mean it.  I've gained 30 lbs since I left for the D.R.  Which means I've probably gained 26lbs since I've been pregnant.  Not good since I still have 4 months to go!!

Max and Molly both celebrated their birthdays.  Max is loving preschool.  He is learning so much more than I could ever teach him.  Well only because I am lazy.  He has so many friends at school and talks about them all the time.  He is still a stubborn little guy.  Sometimes I feel like he is a teenager already needing to"sleep in" and not go to school.  But on the days he doesn't have school he is up at 6:45??  Doesn't make much sense to me.  Max and Molly are both enrolled in soccer.  They both claim to hate it.  They love going to practice on Tuesdays but once Saturdays come and it's game time, they shut down and sit on the side lines.  There are only 5 kids on their team so they all have to play.  Luckily the other 3 kids love to play.  I don't know what to do.  I've tried threatening, bribing and who know what else to get them to play.  Molly rocked it the first 3 games.  She went out and played the entire game.  But I think she is learning from Max that if you don't want to, you just sit there and don't have to play.  I spanked them both when they got home (cause this is what I threatened them at the game with) and they cried a little.  Jim didn't agree with me.  He didn't think it would do any good.  Well of course it didn't cause I'm sure they won't play next Saturday either.  I started reading some parent helps and it says to NEVER threaten your kids to play sports at this age.  If they don't want to play then just support the other kids.  You should never force them to play or get mad at them for choosing not to play.  So I guess I was wrong on this one.  I just don't know what to do and it bothers me SOOOOOO much when they are not playing.  I want to be hard on my kids but at what age is ok to start?  Apparently not yet.  So Jim has decided it's best for me to stay home from the games from now on.  So I don't get so pissed off and maybe Max will want to play without the wicked witch of the west nagging at him the whole time.  Well, I got that off my chest, moving on.....










Molly and Max are also taking dance once a week.  They LOVE it too.  Calli is their teacher and they have so much fun.  Their first recital is in December.  I just hope its not a repeat of their soccer games.

Jim just took his GMAT test today and scored pretty good.  He is 2 months away from starting his MBA program at W.P. Carey (ASU).  So let's cross our fingers he gets accepted. (He will!!!)  He's not super stoked about it, but his high maintenance wife is pushing him to do something else.  We both agree his job that he has now is NOT getting him anywhere.  He is such a smart guy he could be utilizing himself so much more and making so much more money.  Plus with the 10 kids we are going to have he will need to make more money.  Just Kidding, I think I'm done.  3's a crowd they say so I think we might just stop here with this one.  

I am just passing through time until this baby is here.  I hate being pregnant and I'm ready for my kids to be in school so I can figure out what the crap I am going to do with my life.  We figure we'd figure out Jim's first then once the kids are all in school, we should be out of student loan debt and I can figure out what I want to be when I grow up.  (easier said than done) 

I also celebrated my birthday with a chicken wing eating contest.  Let's just say I won!!  Beating all my brothers, Jesica and my husband Jim.  Eating 46 chicken wings.  The sick part about it is that I ate a few the next day.   You think that I would be sick of them.  NOPE.

We are just excited for Halloween and the upcoming holidays.  We are driving out to Colorado for Thanksgiving so we are hoping for some SNOW!!!



Visiting Grandma and Grandpa Huffaker's grave.


Eating at Portillos Hot Dogs. YUM



We went to a Halloween Festival on Saturday.  I didn't want them to get their Halloween costumes dirty so I said they could just paint their faces.  Max was a clown and Molly was a "cute" skeleton.  I was an ugly witch.  I didn't have to try that hard :)  Jim was a dead guy but we didn't apparently take a picture of him. haha






No comments: